Quantcast The Chronicles of von Klapp: Me, A Slurpee, and Mr. Right

Friday, January 18, 2008

Me, A Slurpee, and Mr. Right




















It happened last night. I was on my way home after an exhausting evening of buying shoes when I felt the need for a Slurpee. I stopped at the 7-11 on 3rd Avenue and proceeded to purchase said Slurpee when suddenly I heard, "Aren't you Basil von Klapp's daughter?"

I spun around and there he was: Mr. Right! Yes! The same Mr. Right that I met at my family's annual Holiday Party and the same Mr. Right that I saw getting into a cab on 5th Avenue last month. Actually, it was exactly a month to day from the time I saw him getting into the cab until I saw him last night.

I replied, "Yes, who are you?" in an effort to be coy and, most of all, to find out his name! Just then, his cell phone rang. His face was more serious as he looked at the caller ID, and he said "I'll be right back."

And then he left! And he didn't come back! I stayed in the 7-11 for an hour and consumed three Slurpees, but he never came back.

Worst of all: I still don't know his name.

0 comments: